Friday, January 8, 2010

C'est la vie...

I know c'est la vie is not the appropriate language but its the perfect phrase for my situation..


I think most people who read this are aware by now that I had a serious accident in Peru and am no longer travelling, hence the lack of blogging on my part... I won't go into the details, I'll just say that the whole experience had a nightmarish quality to it. Although I'll never forget the support given to me by these three special girls amidst the worst of it. In this sense, I was very lucky indeed.

I'm now back at home in Australia for the time being while I recover, which is happening at a rate that suprises even me.

So - Plans are already forming themselves in my mind for my return to Latin America, hopefully within three months or so, beginning in Mexico and going the other way instead (South). I suppose this whole thing has, in a sense, served to reinvigorate my dreams, and give me a new determination which will manifest itself when I eventually resume my travels.

I'll pick up where I left off with this blog then, but for now, I'm sure you'll all continue to follow the girls' adventures as they happen.

I suppose another way to say "C'est la vie" (or Such is life) in a rather more Australian way would be "shit happens" - and then you get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment